Just over a year ago I discovered the world of podcasts. Without going into too much detail podcasting allows people to create their own audio/visual programmes and to publish them on the internet for very little cost. The great thing about them is they allow the user to not only listen to them whenever they want but also to download that podcast and play it on an MP3 player wherever they want.
I subscribe to a number of podcasts the majority of which touch on the subjects of cycling and running. I'm well and truly hooked to these podcasts and subscribe to them through iTunes. This means that whenever a new podcast becomes available it automatically downloads into my iTunes podcast library.
iTunes is not the only way to listen to podcasts. They are also available for download through the podcasters own websites or blogs as well as other podcast directories.
I've listed, in alphabetical order, all my favourite cycling and running podcasts below. As I say you can either access them, as I do, through iTunes or follow the links I have provided to download them direct from the podcasters own site or link.
- The Age Grouper - Triathlon and multisport Podcast. (http://www.theagegrouper.com/)
- The Bike Show - Resonance 104.4FM's weekly radio show devoted to the art, science, politics, and transcendental pleasure of cycling in London and beyond. (http://www.thebikeshow.net/)
- The Bikescape Podcast - Commentary and interviews about bikes and bike culture. (http://www.bikescape.blogspot.com/)
- The Competitors Radio Show - Interviews with great athletes from the sports of triathlon, running and cycling. (http://www.competitorradio.com/)
- Fitness Rocks - Discussion on topics of health, fitness, weight loss, stress management, diet and exercise. (http://www.fitnessrocks.org/)
- Ironman Talk - Latest news, reviews and tips for ironman triathlon. (www.ironmantalk)
- JBST - Training, nutrition and technology advice to improve your triathlon, duathlon, ironman and cycling performances. (http://www.jbst.com/)
- KBOO Bike Show Podcast - Bicycle news, culture and advocacy in Portland, Oregon. (http://www.bikeshow.portlandtransport.com/)
- Phedippidations - Thoughts, opinions, observations and rambling diatribes composed during long distance runs. (http://www.steverunner.com/)
- The Runner Roundtable - Live discussion on the joys of running. (see iTunes)
- Running From The Reaper - A 40 something English guy running in the English countryside. (http://www.runningfromthereaper.blogspot.com/)
- Running The Narrow Path - Swedish guy running the roads and paths of his neighbourhood. (see iTunes)
- Two Johns Cycling Podcast - Bicycle racing, bike repair, training techniques, interviews and listener feedback. (http://www.twojohnspodcast.missingsaddle.com/)
- The Ultradad Podcast - Aspiring ultra runner managing family, career and running life. (http://www.ultradad.podbean.com/)
- Zen And The Art Of Triathlon - A triathletes view on training, racing and living the multisport life. (http://www.zentriathlon.com/)